An Eventful Evening at Wye Leisure on Thursday 18th July
At around 9:00pm on Thursday evening, Wye Leisure had an incident where a small electrical socket in a roof void started smouldering causing the activation of the fire alarm. On initial inspection from the duty manager as a safety precaution in-line with our procedures, an evacuation of the building was made.
When a fire alarm triggers at Wye Leisure, it is automatically sent to a control room who mobilised two fire crews. They attended the scene to give their expertise on the situation, and fire crews assisted with the clean-up.
Our Electricians also attend site and ensured that the electric to this area was isolated and the area was made safe.
Further to this, our full maintenance team have attended the site this morning and done a full inspection of the area and dealt with the individual, faulty electric point.
Wye Leisure would like to make all our customers aware that the club is open and running as normal and would like to thank all parties involved, including our great team here at the club with the smooth and efficient handling of the situation.